OCT SIXTH | Awaiting Eclipse

Awaiting Eclipse by Cody Groom will be screened on Thursday October 6, 2011 from 8-11pm.

Groom says about his work, "As a human being, I am continually asked by my surroundings and relationships to reevaluate my ideas, perspectives and identity. As an artist, I am interested in harnessing time-based artwork to explore the way the passage of time influences the ever evolving concepts of perspective, memory and self. I find myself most interested in that which returns periodically, to mark a period of growth and rebirth."


Cody Groom lives and works in Seattle, he received his Bachelors of Fine Arts in Digital Arts and Experimental Media from the University of Washington. His most recent work includes an interactive digital theatre performance at Bumbershoot 2011, video installation at Viceroy Gallery in Tacoma, and single channel video screenings at the Henry Art Gallery.